Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Parents

So I know almost everyone thinks they have the best parents in the world, but I really do! As I get older the more I realize just how lucky I am. My parents really center their lives around what us kids need, even though we are all adults now. I can say I think I need them more as an "adult" than I needed them as a child. They help guide me through this crazy world that I am in. My parents are literally my best friends. They understand me at a level very very few people do. There is no one I trust more in this life than them. A few years back I lost almost every friend I had and they were the ones that stood by me. My parents have dealt with so much in their journey in parenthood. They have had 3 children with major health problems and they dealt with the death of one of them. Then they have to deal with me and I know my struggles haven't always been a walk in the park for them. I know they probably had their struggles through all the ups and downs in life, but they have never let us see that. They are our rock and stability when everything seems to crumble around us. They honestly don't get even half of the credit they deserve!

My Momma-is such a hard worker. She always does her absolute best in every situation. Sometimes I think she sets really high expectations for herself, but it shows how dedicated she is in everything she does (I also take after her in this area  and it tends to make things more stressful for us haha). My moms life has always been centered around her children. I know that I can always turn to her for anything and she won't judge me. I also know that no matter what she will always love me for who I am. Mom is our cheerleader in life. She is always there to support our decisions and help us achieve our goals. I love that my mom loves to try out new desserts, she is the dessert queen! Everyone tells me how much I look like my momma and I am so glad I can be her blonde haired look alike. One of my favorite memories of mom growing up is whenever we were sick, mom would stay up with us and say, "If I had a magic wand I would wave it and make it go away...but I don't have one." haha! But I know that she really would take upon her every pain and heartache if it meant her kids were happy and whole. I love you mom!

My Daddy- is also one of the hardest workers I know. Growing up I watched him taking care of the farm and putting such long hours. Both parents have taught me the importance of hard work and doing my best. Dad is also the rock of our family. He gives some of the best advice and he is so in-tune with what each of his kids needs to hear (even if we don't want to admit it at the time). Dad has also taught me the importance of having a sense of humor through the hard times in life. Dad is always telling me how tears won't help and they will only make me feel worse. My dad has this amazing ability to calm me down when no one else can. Any future men in my life will have to take lessons from dad on how to deal with me. He talks me through my fears even when he doesn't understand them himself. Dad even let me drive his car today because he knew I was scared of the highways and his car has all wheel drive. I am proud to say that I tend to act a lot like my dad. The older I get the more I catch my inner Russ coming out. Someday I hope to find his strength and faith. One of my favorite dad memories was when we were walking home from milking cows one day. Dad and I were ahead of the others that day and we decided to scare them. Dad put me on his shoulders and we stood under the bridge in the ditch. When the others went by we jumped out and scared them.. I sure love my daddy!

I can't even begin to describe how much I love and depend on my parents. I was so blessed when I was sent down to them. Heavenly Father knew exactly what he was doing when He did that.  I don't know how my parents have been able to go through all that they have and still be so strong. Many people have told me, "I can't imagine being your parents and going through all trials they handle". Well I can't either but they sure handle everything perfectly!  So mom and dad I just want you to know how much we all love and appreciate everything you do for us. I hope I can even be half the parents you guys are when I am blessed with children. Also thank you to both of my grandparents for raising my parents the way you did and supporting them and us grandchildren through everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment