Sunday, November 17, 2013

Count Your Many Blessings....

Lately the hymn, Count Your Blessings, has been running through my head. I am seriously so blessed! I have my struggles and trials just like everyone else but the blessing in my life far overshadow those! So I thought I would make a list to remind myself just how blessed I am.

1. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I seriously love the gospel so much! I don't know how I would even be able to function without it. The knowledge it gives me in my life brings me so much peace. I am so grateful that I have a knowledge of the Atonement that brings me peace and comfort in everything! I could go on and on about the blessing the gospel brings to my life.

2. My parents! They are two of the most amazing and strongest people I know! I mean they have to put up with my and my 2 siblings after all. They are always there for me no matter what. I can't even count the times I have called both of them up or gone home to get their advice. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have the 2 parents that I have. I was incredibly blessed when I was sent to these parents! They help keep me sane when life gets crazy.

3. My sister and her family! My sister is my best friend and we have come a long ways since we were younger. Mandy is always there for me and listens to me cry and complain about everything.  She gives me the best advice, even if I don't want to hear it at the time .She also has 4 of the cutest kids around whom call me Aunt Tara! I love them all so much!

4. My brother is also an amazing example to me! I have seen him go through so much with his health and other things. I don't think I have ever heard him complain throughout the whole process. Aaron doesn't say much, but when he does you better listen! He is so wise and I have heard him offer some great advice!

5. My friends! I have some of the best friends around! They are awesome and are always there for me. I can't even tell you how grateful I am for them being in my life! I meet them just when I needed them the most. They have helped me through so much! They help me laugh even when I don't want to.They are also trying to help me overcome my fears and helping me be the person I want to be.

6.  All of my extended family! I was so blessed to grow up right around the corner from most of my family and only 30 min from the rest. I know that I can call anyone of them up and they will be there for me in a minute.They also happen to be hilarious and we are constantly laughing when we get together.

7. The Temple! I love that I only live 45 minutes away from the temple! I love the peace and comfort I get from just being on the temple grounds. I always leave feeling so much better about life and so calm. I also love what the temple represents. I love that I can be with my family for eternity because of the ordinances preformed there.
.
8. The YSA 11th Ward! I am so grateful I moved into the ward. I have moved into a lot of wards but never have I felt more accepted than in this ward. I have an amazing bishopric and their wives are also amazing. I am learning and growing from being in this ward.

9. My health. I have been going through a few health problems the last few years and it has been really hard. The doctors couldn't give me any real explanation until this past May. Now I have finally found a good doctor in Utah that has me on the right track. My health still isn't perfect but it is so much better than it was even 6 months ago.

10. I am grateful for organ, eye, and tissue donation. All 3 have greatly blessed my siblings and I. Aaron with his kidney, Mandy with heart valves, and me with a new cornea. I am so grateful for the people and the families who have donated. It is truly a selfless act! If your not already an organ, tissue, and eye donor you can sign up here...  http://www.donatelife.net/

Now these are just a few things that I am grateful for. There is so much more and I have been blessed with an amazing life. I am not always perfect and I will murmur and ask why me, but then I look around and realize life is good! Hopefully this list will help me keep perspective :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment