Saturday, November 26, 2016

Life and its Transitions

Here I am in yet another transition in my life. My time in San Francisco sadly came to an end at the end of September (I will have to write another post on my last few weeks in SF). I miss those kids and the beautiful city so much! About two weeks after moving home I moved to Logan Utah. I am  here to go to USU in January and wanted to be settled with a job before school starts. So here I am in Logan, working in the deli at Walmart, and signed up for school in January. I am in a transition. I am here in this town, that I am growing to love, and trying to figure out where life is taking me. I'm trying to make a social life but I work until at least 10 pm every night and it makes it hard. Thank goodness for my roommates and their friends that come over to the apartment and humor me haha. I also love that I live 5 minutes from the temple and have been able to go there often. I love the love, comfort, and peace that I feel there. Still I feel the sting of transition. Life is full of transitions and I know that they will keep coming. I still hate them. I have a comfort zone and until I feel comfortable I can be painfully shy. I  don't know if anyone has seen the real me here yet. I am comfortable with my roommates but I am just not home often when they are. I also worry about intruding on peoples lives. Might sound stupid but it is how my anxiety thinks. Anxiety also doesn't make transitions easy for me. Something my dad always tells me, put the Lord first and everything else will fall into place. I know this is true and I am striving to live this principle but I like to see the whole plan and I am only getting small pieces at a time.  I think I am constantly trying to be taught patience but I am also very stubborn. I should probably work on that..... All this being said, I know I am where I am supposed to be. I know that I am on the path that Heavenly Father wants me to be on and that His plans are always greater than mine. I am excited to see what is in store for me here in Logan, Utah. So here is to learning to embrace and enjoy the transitions that life is full of.

No comments:

Post a Comment